Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Wednesday 9 March 2011

On An Island*

Once back from North Yorkshire a trip to Anglesey was planned, which was blessed with excellent if windy weather. I did some exploring on the north-west coast of the island ending up at a small cove on the northern edge of Trearddur Bay. I wandered out onto the headland and took this picture of the incoming tide.

Click the image for the bigger picture
 
A superb afternoon was finished off with a fish and chip supper at the excellent White Eagle pub in Rhoscolyn with its fabulous views of Anglesey and the Lleyn Peninsular. The food is very good and the place is well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Click the image for the bigger picture

The following morning I went wandering along the Menai Straits and encountered Admiral Nelson keeping watch for errant French frigates.

Click the image for the bigger picture


*On An Island by Dave Gilmour from the album of the same name



No comments:

Post a Comment