Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Wednesday 24 November 2010

Project Update: 'Times Past'

I've been out and about pursuing my little project and I was struck by the number of fairly old items scattered about the streets near home. As a result the project is tentatively entitled 'Times Past'. There's quite a number of things that date back to the 1940's and 50's if you look carefully and take note of your surroundings and I guess that as more and more development takes place such things will eventually disappear. Here's three images of things I particularly like...


Click the images for the bigger picture!
The faded writing on the wall of a public house and the old RAC road sign (is it the oldest one still in use, I wonder? I've not seen one like it anywhere else) were within 200 yards of each other. And no, that isn't my shop in the lower picture!


As always, comments are welcome...


No comments:

Post a Comment