Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Monday 15 November 2010

Little Moreton Hall

Click the image for the bigger picture!

Old buildings are another passion. They do so lend themselves to being photographed but often it's difficult to get an image without people admiring them. Little Moreton Hall, near Congleton, has a public footpath running right past its front door. On this occasion I was looking for something a little different so I ventured off the path a ways and used the reeds and moat as foreground interest. One of the finest Elizabethan timber-framed buildings in the UK, Little Moreton Hall is owned by the National Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment