Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Friday 12 November 2010

Dawn Patterns at Winterley

Click the image for the bigger picture!

I like water and reflections. There is something very calming about sitting by a still lake waiting for the right moment to press the shutter and capture another unique moment. There's plenty of pools and lakes near my home so I'm never stuck for things to photograph.


My favourite time of day is either dawn or dusk. This is a dawn shot taken at Winterley Pool about five miles from home. The rising mist and sun  together with the trails of early aircraft combine to give an ethereal image.

No comments:

Post a Comment