Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Tuesday 16 November 2010

A New Project

Black & White Photography magazine challenges its readers each month with an assignment which can last for a few days or a couple of weekends (short term), several weeks (medium term)or a year (long term).


The first stage is to fire off shots; experiment, indulge yourself, enjoy. The aim is to get three or four satisfactory images. For the medium term build up a collection of images using the time to plan and experiment. The aim here is to have produced at least four images. Finally, the long term aim is to produce around eight pictures building a sequence of images across a whole year.


So, for my own pleasure, for the next couple of weeks or so I'll be looking for a theme on my local travels. Look out for progress reports...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment