Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Friday 18 February 2011

Dawn at Bangor

After the snow and ice of December the weather in January was not particularly brilliant and certainly not when I was free to take some photographs. I did manage a couple of good days on Anglesey in the middle of the month and took the weather people at their word turning out to shoot the dawn from Beaumaris Pier. It was a lovely morning with nary a cloud in sight, which rather spoiled my plan of shooting the sun rising over the Welsh mountains. And it was cold with a sharp easterly wind adding a sizeable windchill factor. All was not lost because as I was driving back to Menai Bridge the sun popped over the mountain tops and bathed Menai Straits in a lovely golden light. I knew a spot where I could get to the water's edge and managed to get a couple of half decent shots. Here's a picture of Bangor Pier taken from the slipway of the Gazelle Hotel. Enjoy!


Click image for the bigger picture

No comments:

Post a Comment