Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Wednesday 19 January 2011

Who Knows Where the Time Goes*

Here we are almost two thirds through the first month of the year and I really don't know where the time has gone. It's certainly not been eaten up by me making images because I've hardly had an opportunity to get out and about... and the weather's not been that inspiring. Still, I've one or two images to tinker with over the coming days.


But I have had a little time to trawl through my archive and bring you yet another shot of Pen yr Ole Wen, which really is a majestic lump of rock. This was taken last Easter from the banks of a perfectly calm Llyn Ogwen. Shortly after I made this shot the wind got up and the mirror calmness disappeared. 


I played around with various crops and edits before settling on a black and white conversion in ACR 5, a tiny, tiny bit of post-conversion work in Elements and no crop.


Click on the image for the bigger picture
*Who Knows Where the Time Goes - Fairport Convention from the album "Unhalfbricking"

No comments:

Post a Comment