Joe Cornish, the great British landscape photographer, advocates taking most of your photographs no more than thirty minutes from your home. So, here's my blog featuring pictures either thirty minutes drive or walk away from my front door or from the place where I'm staying for a few days. I'll also be writing about photography in general from time to time. Please enjoy!



Thursday 9 June 2011

More Travels

A good friend invited me to join him on a trip to Lundy Island towards the end of May to photograph the puffins gathered there for breeding. This has been a good excuse to go and practice my wildlife photography, which is a very patient photographic discipline. I've visited a hide at Thurstaston Country Park on the Wirral a couple of times in recent days and am quite pleased with some of the images I've taken. The last visit was pretty slow in the bird department because the grey squirrels were hogging bird feeders and generally making a nuisance of themselves. However, a few siskin, bullfinches and sparrows have put in appearances.

Click the image for the bigger picture

Click the image for the bigger picture

No comments:

Post a Comment